After your home is built, interior design comes into play. The kitchen is one of the important places in your home that requires interior designing. It is also one of the most expensive areas to renovate and redesign. So if the experts will be high enough for just one piece of advice, why not try to grow your own kitchen interior design ideas ?
Whether you are an interior designer you employ or plan to do the job yourself, careful planning is always important to the looks and the effect you want for your kitchen to achieve. For DIY, you have plenty of expert tips and ideas like the mistakes that most homeowners have made remodeling their kitchens.
1. If you have a small kitchen, use light colors such as beige or off-white. If you want to enliven and brighten the place, you can accentuate with bright colors. Remember that dark colors will make the kitchen appear smaller than actual size.
2. Avoid using dark-colored tiles in the kitchen counters. Although royal blue or black looks great, soap residue is clearly visible in these shades. And what is worse is that it is very difficult to clean as it cured. So if you do not have a housekeeper or a helper who will clean and maintain the sheets everyday, better opt for tiles with bright colors.
3. The refrigerator, sink and stove should be well arranged, forming a work triangle. The distance of these three stations should not exceed 26 meters. They should be close enough for convenience in food preparation.
4. You can decorate your kitchen with indoor plants, especially small ones. Plants always bring a fresh feel to the interior of the kitchen design.
5. On holidays, to transform the look of the kitchen with themed slipcovers, curtains and tablecloths to spice up the room and make it suitable for the occasion.
6. Be sure that the kitchen is adequate lighting. Insufficient lighting will make your kitchen look and feel gloomy and cramped. Besides the main lighting fixture in the middle of the kitchen, you can set task lights under the hanging cabinets.
7. Get placemats, dishes, coasters, bowls and cutlery that the theme of your kitchen design competition.
By simply following these few tips, you can achieve the looks and effects you want for your kitchen to have. And you can do your renovation work faster and affordable. So if you think that the functionality is not enough, better make a kitchen that’s stylish, safe and comfortable. And you can achieve this by combining simplicity with modern comfort and elegance of yesteryears.
Designer: John Lum Architecture, Information: Source